Thermal Friction System (TFD-1000)
The TFD-1000 Thermal Friction system is a continuous feed operation that safely and effectively transforms Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) into a non-hazardous, valuable fuel source.
- Material passes passing through a dual shear shredder
- Ensures steady, consistent feed rate into the compression chamber
- 2,000+ lbs. / hour capacity
- Material enters compression chamber
- Counter-rotating worm gears drive material through progressively narrowing apertures resulting in a thermodynamic release of heat.
- The process takes place within seconds, elevating material temperatures from ambient to over 130C.
- Material is passed through an Extended Residence Chamber which uniformly sterilizes material.
- Dry heat sterilization assures optimal moisture content (<5%) for the finished product, making it a highly efficient fuel source (>12,000 BTU/lb.)